The purpose of the panel is to advise on the development of Blackpool Museum which will explore the history of the world’s first mass seaside resort and its contribution to British popular entertainment.
The initial role of the panel will be:
- to support the development of the museum and its content
- to provide a sounding board for controversial matters
- to identify any omissions or errors
- to support the understanding and development of Blackpool’s heritage and/or collections
- to give guidance on current research and thinking regarding proposed content
- be advocates for the museum project
Professor Peter Walton
Emeritus Professor of the Department of Accounting and Finance, the Open University Business School. Specialism: Blackpool Tower
Dr Oliver Double
Deputy Head of the School of Arts, University of Kent, reader in Drama and Theatre. Specialism: Popular performance
Professor Theresa Buckland
Director of the Centre for Dance Research at Roehampton University, London. Specialism: Dance
Dr Chris. P. Lee
Formerly course leader in film studies and senior lecturer at the University of Salford. Musician and broadcaster. Specialism: Film, music, popular entertainment including Northern comedians.
Senior Investigator, Historic England. Specialism: Seaside heritage, resorts and architecture.