- Feasibility for a Museum began in 2013
- Blackpool Council was awarded Round One funding from Heritage Lottery Fund in 2014
- Team and consultants appointed 2015
- Consulted with over 13,000 (2015-2016)
- Submitted Round Two application March 2017 for a new Museum in the Pavilion, Winter Gardens
In July 2017, Blackpool Council decided that it was unable to proceed with the Museum Project in the Winter Gardens. Unfortunately, the scale of the matched funding target was too great at a time when the Council is under severe financial pressure.
Despite this decision, the Council still has the ambition to build on the excellent work done to date. The team has been tasked with developing the Museum for a new site in Blackpool town centre – The Palatine Building Development.
The museum will be located in the Palatine building (currently the Sands Venue) which occupies a prominent position on the Golden Mile, next door but one neighbor is the world famous Blackpool Tower. The Palatine building is being developed by Coolsilk Property and Investment Limited to create a 5*hotel and leisure development – the first in Blackpool.
The Amuseum will occupy the first floor of the building with a ground floor entrance located on Bank Hey Street.
For more information as the project develops please subscribe to our mailing list found at the bottom of this page.